Sunday, April 20, 2008

Green with Envy

I've been experiencing something lately which I had never experienced before. I want a garden. I want to have a place where I can put my hands into the dirt, where I can feel the sunlight on my back as I make a home for ornamental plants.

I can't do that where I live. I have a townhouse in a development, with a 12x10 concrete pad out my living room door. My concrete pad is perpetually shaded, between the overhang of the upstairs and the oak tree across the path. Utterly inhospitable to growing things.

Why am I suddenly wishing for something I eschewed for so much of my life?

1 comment:

-qir said...

WTF???

Who are you and what have you done with D&T???

There are a number of plants that will grow out on that pad.

Fushias, begonias, hostas, ivies, some ornamental palms...