Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Curry Pasties

I recently got it in my head to try to come up with a curried beef puff pastry-type item. I already had some curry powder, so I picked up some ground beef, onion, carrots, chutney, and pie crusts. Either tomorrow night or Saturday, I'll experiment with them. I'll post the results here, so watch this space.

I also came across a recipe for a Moroccan chicken pot pie, which calls for cinnamon, cumin and paprika, as well as golden raisins and green olives. But for the green olives, it sounds quite intriguing, so I think I'll try that one on Sunday. I thought I'd throw carrots and perhaps some almonds into that, and see how it goes. Anyone have any other suggestions on what would be good with the items I've already named? And for the record, I'm not going to put the olives in.

* 12/26/07 UPDATE * The beef pasties turned out very well! I ended up preparing the filling by using beef, onion, carrots, some frozen peas and chutney. I still have about half of the filling left, so I'm going to try making another batch using tamarind sauce.

No comments: